Rated: 1 out of 5
Phenterpril is an over the counter diet pill that tries to capitalize on its name being similar to the prescription diet drug Phentermine. The Phentermine/Fenfluramine combo known as Phen-Fen was widely popular a few decades ago for extremely overweight patients. Fenfluramine was taken off the market at one point for its adverse effects. Phenterpril's manufacturer markets it as the "Phentermine Alternative."
Phenterpril's recommended dose is two capsules per day: one before breakfast and one before lunch.
While some of Phenterpril's users did lose weight, many of them complained about unwelcome side effects like insomnia, irritability, mood swings, dry mouth, nausea, and stomach pain. These effects are not surprising when you consider Phenterpril's ingredients, some of which are related to amphetamines.
Phenterpril's active ingredients include:
- Synephrine, an orange peel extract that may aid in weight loss;
- Caffeine Anhydrous, a form of caffeine, a stimulant that aids in weight loss but may cause anxiety and irritability;
- Dicaffeine Malate, another form of caffeine;
- Phenylethylamine, which increases the levels of dopamine in the body;
- L-Phenylalanine, an amino acid that is helpful in suppressing the appetite;
- Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, an amino acid that helps to synthesize proteins;
- Guggulsterones, a plant extract which may aid in increasing the metabolism;
- Ginger, a root that is an effective digestive aid;
- Raspberry Ketones, a raspberry extract that may help in weight loss;
- Evodia Rutaecarpa, an Asian fruit that helps digestive system functioning; and
- Vitamin B6, helpful in increasing energy levels within the body but not proven to have weight loss effects.
Where to Buy Phenterpril
You can purchase Phenterpril on the company's official website as well as affiliated websites; current "special" pricing is $55.99 per bottle, marked down from $99.99 per bottle. Two bottles are specially priced at $96.99, and three bottles will run you $122.99. Shipping and handling costs are $7.99 regardless of the number of bottles ordered. International orders are an additional $8.00 for shipping costs.
Phenterpril's manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee on its products. Customers can return an empty bottle and any unopened bottles within 30 days of their purchase for a full refund, less shipping and handling costs.
Does Phenterpril Work?
Based on the ingredients in Phenterpril and the user reviews, there is evidence that is helps some people to lose weight. Users rated Phenterpril with good marks for the energy it provides them, which is most likely due to the caffeine it contains. Phenterpril is not a good choice for people who are avoiding caffeine or who experience caffeine sensitivity, since two of Phenterpril's primary ingredients contain caffeine. Even users who could usually handle caffeine often experienced adverse effects while on Phenterpril, many of them to the point where they had to stop taking the pill.
Looking for a better alternative to Phenterpril? Read about the top-rated weight loss products in our in-depth reviews.